Monday, May 20, 2013

Poker Anyone?

I neglected to discuss my weekend in my last post.

I drove back to Swan Lake at around noon so I could make it to my friend Levi's wedding reception on Saturday (18 May 2013). It was flippin' cold and rainy though so I didn't stay long. It was outside after all. I felt bad that I didn't stay longer. After all, I've known Levi as long as I've known Ben. We were all friends for so long. Here's some proof:

Shoot. I was going to put some pictures here of when I was a freshman--being ridiculous with my friends at Pep Band--but they don't seem to be on my computer. Either my brother has them on his or they are lost forever. Sad.

Robert came over to my grandma's to hang out with me Saturday night. We put on Tangled (his favorite show--I swear he can quote every line and sing every word to the lyrics if he wanted to) and Dueled with his Yu-Gi-Oh cards. Yes, we still play Yu-Gi-Oh. I'll probably say it a million times: We. Are. Nerds. 


(I have those two cards--Dark Magician and Dark Magician Girl. They're in one of my decks) What show do you think got me into Anime? Seriously.

Anyway, we talked too. Mostly about his crushes and stuff he's been up to at school. He enjoys talking about the girls he likes. There are three, but that's all I'll say.

Then we borrowed my dads poker chips and played Texas Hold 'em. It's not real gambling if there's no real money involved right? We were awake until 1:30 AM.

I absolutely love my little brother. He's smart, clever (there's a difference), fun, silly. He's honest too, something I think is really important. Kim and I have decided he's like both of us together because he's a nerd, but he's also a social butterfly. Its a pretty sweet combination.

Sunday was filled with good food, family, and a reunion with my husband after his week away at Drill. I was at my grandma's until four so I went to church in the ward I grew up in and had dinner with my family. It was neat. When I got home, I was super excited to see Ben. We spent most of the  night cuddled up on the couch together watching movies (The Avengers and Indiana Jones: Raiders of the Lost Ark). Much needed rest and together-ness.

My friend Destini was at my house while I was gone (she moved out on Saturday) but my house was pretty much spotless when I got home. It was a great present because I was tired and didn't want to do anything yesterday. THANK YOU DESTINI!

1 comment:

  1. I love reading your posts and the pic of Ben and Alex is so cute. BTW we'll be up this next weekend. We'll call to let you know when we're in town.

    ReplyDelete