Wednesday, April 10, 2013

My Family

I figure everyone who reads this already knows about my little family but I felt like doing this anyway.

Ben and I met in middle school. I could not even tell you the specific instance because it really wasn't all that life-changing at the time. I had a friend who had a friend who had a friend who was friends with Ben. Me-Olivia-Brittani-Jones-Ben(-and as a random note, Levi). We actually all started hanging out and sitting together at lunch. These people were all my friends for my entire high school career (even if at some point they weren't all friends with each other).

In case you're wondering, NO we were not high school sweethearts. We dated maybe a week when we were Sophomores but that's it. We were really good friends for a long time until FINALLY a week before our graduation ceremony (school was already out for the seniors), he asked me to be his girlfriend. Seriously, I probably would have gone on a million dates with him while we were in high school if he had just asked. He assumed I was always taken by another good friend of mine which I dated on-and-off casually. (I kind of knew from the beginning it was never going to go anywhere. Mostly I was just having fun because that's what dating in high school should be).



Anyway so after graduation, Ben went to basic training and AIT for the Army National Guard. It seems kind of silly, but we really only dated a month before he left, and got engaged the week he got home. But I'd seriously known him six years so I'd say I was pretty damn sure I wanted to marry him by the time we were engaged.



We were married in the Logan Temple on the 20th of December in 2011. It was flippin' cold (as you can see by this picture) but I got my ridiculously blue sky. (See, I wanted to wait until, like, May to get married because I love the summer but we both felt like December was when we should get married, so we did. It worked out because I was pregnant with Alex by the following April. God gave me the best weather he could, given the circumstances).





We were only married five months when I found out I was pregnant with Alex. I was seriously scared at first but I wouldn't trade my little guy for anyone or anything else in the whole world. Being pregnant really sucks though. I was sick a bunch at the beginning (that's how I knew I was pregnant in the first place).











My little Alexander Grant Egley was born on the 5th of February, 2013 at 3:31 PM. He's seriously only a few hours old in this picture. He weighed 8 pounds, 9 ounces and was 20 inches long. His head and chest were 14 inches around which is why that little newborn hat is WAY too small for him. It kept popping off his head so I gave up on it and put a different one on him.







Aren't we all so good looking together?





Now I just want to post a million pictures of my son because he's the cutest dang little baby I've ever seen (but I'm his mom so I'm totally biased).




 I just love him SO MUCH!




 See? He's even cute when he cries. (Unless you can hear him, that is).


No comments:

Post a Comment