Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Sleepiness and Shots

I've been debating with myself for the last few days about what I should put in my blog. Life stories, obviously. Helping my far-away family keep up with our lives is the foremost reason why I'm doing this in the first place. But along with that, I have other interests that could be useful to them (and anyone else who happens to stumble upon my ridiculousness).

So, Sunday afternoon. Destini came over again. (She's been over a lot recently because she's been having family issues and prefers hanging out with me rather than any one of her siblings. It suits me just fine considering that I get lonely when Ben is at work. Plus I love the girl to death anyway). Because of Drill weekend, when Ben got home, a conversation was struck up about one of his army friends that Destini has a crush on. I seriously left the room a full minute and when I came back, Ben was on the phone with Braxton Beasley, inviting him to dinner and trying to embarrass Destini.

I was in the process of making meatloaf at the time.

2 pounds hamburger, thawed.
1-2 packages Lipton onion soup mix (I like 2. It's so much better).
1 1/2 cups bread crumbs
1/3 cup katsup
2 eggs
Basically just whisk the katsup and eggs together, then add to the rest of the ingredients. Press into a large loaf pan and bake at 350 degrees for about an hour and a half, using tin foil as necessary to keep it from burning. (Really, It just needs to be 165 degrees at the center, so however long that takes).

My first thought about Beasley coming over was the last time he came over for dinner. I made bratwurst and onion gravy (something new I was trying) and he turned out to be very allergic to onions. So, second time he comes over, I'm making something else with onions in it! I was mad (Mostly I felt bad. I don't have any allergies so I forget to ask people about it).

Mostly we talked and watched The Avengers (thank you Stacy and Chet for the Christmas gift of awesome). I kind of secretly hope Destini and Braxton start dating. He's about a million times better than the last six guy's she's dated.

MONDAY!
I woke up thinking Monday, April 8th was going to be another boring day... Uuuuuntil I remembered Alex had a doctors appointment at 2. No big deal right? Except he had to get his 2-month immunizations. They went totally fine and I thought "that wasn't so bad," especially since he fell asleep right after. But he woke up from his nap at 4:30-ish and screamed. And screamed. I was in the middle of Costco waiting for a prescription and I felt so bad because I knew he was hungry.

When we got home and he was all fed, I tried putting him down for a few minutes and he immediately started to cry again. I'd put him down, he'd cry. I'd pick him up (standing and bouncing or swaying), he'd quiet. I'd sit with him and he'd fuss. Which is pretty much how my whole night went. Ben was in a bad mood, my house was a mess, he had to study for a test AND I told him I'd make fried chicken! You try making fried chicken with a screaming baby. It's really difficult!

Little Alex is a lot better this s'mornning for sure, but it was a long night. 
 
 

2 comments:

  1. Sam,
    I Loved reading your 2 posts!! You have such great expression in your words they brought a smile to my face. I totally remember feeling lonely when Katie was a baby it's hard to stay home all the time but with a baby it also becomes more difficult to go places. Honestly now with running 4 kids everywhere I'd totally trade you.
    I can't wait to cuddle that little Alex and I totally know what you meant about feeling bad when he was crying because he was hungry. When Katie was a baby we were driving along Jefferson on our way home when she got hungry and was screaming. It was only a few minutes home but by the time we got there we were both sobbing. I felt so bad that I couldn't pick her up and fix it right THEN! It gets easier to hear them cry when you know they are totally OK but it's always hard to see your kiddos sad for any reason.
    When you get a chance you should give us (your devoted readers) a picture tour of your home. Also if you have any questions about blogging I could probably answer them. That is concerning changing templates, backgrounds, headers adding widgets and so forth.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sam
    Hi dear
    I to am sorry your lonely and I know Ben is gone a lot. I totaly get it. I remember being lonely when Dad was gone to work. When Amy was a baby he worked out of town a lot. I felt alone and frustraited and then like Amy said. when I was chasing my kids all over I felt over whelmed with all the running. life is full of changes. Now I am in a different time in my life and sometimes I strugel with this faze as well. but as I said life is full of changes, that's what makes it interesting. Remember I am here and you can call me or any of the girls and just visit any time. I am glad you started a blog. it's a great releise of self expression. and a way to share what's going on in your life with those who love you and your family. Keep up the good work. I may be in town on Thursday, if I am I'll call you before I come. Love you
    Mom Egley

    ReplyDelete