Wednesday, April 10, 2013

My New House

Lets see if i can figure out the picture thing.

So, needless to say, Ben and I bought a house. We closed on it on the 29th of March and moved in the same day, Ben being anxious to move and all. I don't have pictures with the furniture (and lucky me, I can't find my camera) but here are the ones we took before we bought it.

KITCHEN

 As you can see, the kitchen is pretty much brand new. The previous owner was a flipper. He only had the house long enough to fix it up. New counter tops, cabinets, and sink.
And did I mention, brand new dishwasher, microwave and fridge? The stove is a few years old, but it works good so I can't complain. All the appliances came with the house.




 BEDROOMS

The bedrooms, unfortunately, are connected by the bathroom. It's kind of an awful place to put a bathroom, but overall, pretty much the only thing I didn't like about the house.

There are two bedrooms, both of just about equal size. This first one is off the kitchen and is my room, while the other is off the living room and is Alex's. 

 LIVING ROOM AND LAUNDRY

The living room has great lighting, along with fairly new carpet (as does the rest of the house). The paint is all new as well.

That's our Realtor with Alex's carseat. She's standing right about where our entertainment center is now.

The laundry is kind of self-exclamatory. The floor is a hatch that opens up into the basement.

 THE YARD AND GARAGE
Can you get much better than that rediculously large yard? I'm very excited about it. There's even a patio.

The garage is in the back yard and has alley access. If you ever come to my house, do NOT park in the drive way up front. It's the neighbors.














I don't have a picture of the front of the house unfortunately.

And now, a picture of Alex. Just for fun.

Isn't he cute?! He's only a few days old in this one.

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations on your new house! You're lucky the previous owner invested wisely in the materials and some of the appliances. Some would just turn-over and leave their house to the new owners with very few working appliances and an enormous amount of repairs. I hope you got the house for a very reasonable price. =)

    Levi Ervin

    ReplyDelete
  2. Huge yard, indeed! What are planning to do with it? I can see a lot of landscaping opportunities for that space. A patio, a large kid-friendly backyard, or a family backyard retreat maybe. A nice lawn would be perfect there, too. It's easy and won't cost you a fortune. How was the outcome of your final decorating? I'd love to see how you manage to put all of your stuff here, and don't forget to post a picture of the front house. Take care!

    Saundra Wordlaw

    ReplyDelete